Monday, April 14, 2008

Day 55

Things have been quiet around here because of the same reason I always suspect when a diet blogger pipes down: I feel unsuccessful. Not because I have gone off into a pie face first or anything, but rather the bastard scale isn't doing what I want it to do, I had a few less than perfect meals and I now I just want to throw a tantrum.

This is the craziness that dieting has always led me to. Freaking out over the slightest thing, wanting to be perfect. I am slowly realizing that I am not perfect. Nor is life. This long road I am on can take one or two directions and I'll be damned if I am going back down to Lardville, population 1.

Today I had my calories all planned out, but I was thrown a curve ball: I was starving. If hungry were people, I'd have been China. BUT, I didn't want to go over my calories. So I fretted. and I worried, and I could have eaten bugs and I finally came to my senses. I AM HUNGRY SO I AM GOING TO EAT, EINSTEIN. I was out of fresh fruit and so I went for an Odwalla superfood bar and overall I still stayed under 1600 calories so I should feel fine about that.

One foot in front of the other.....

No comments: