Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 57

I weighed in yesterday at 209. If I weren't so fat I would turn cartwheels. This means that there are only 29 more to go to be at my pre children weight. I have Bunco tonight and it will be full of junk food most likely, but I have a plan to eat small portions and eat the veggies and fruit.

The challenge is going to be this weekend. We are going away for the weekend to visit family and it will be very food centered. I am concerned because I could be eating poorly for potentially 9 meals. As I am typing this it occurs to me that there are going to be 4 out of those 9 that I will not have control over what is being served, so why not just try to make best available choices for 5 of them.

We are hitting the road Friday at 4 a.m. and I want to avoid starting my day with 1000 calories of Denny's so I am planning on packing a healthful take-a-long breakfast of whole grain turkey and egg sandwiches, toasted along with strawberry and banana smoothies for the kids and a nonfat latte from Starbucks on the way out. I think that apple wedges, almonds and string cheese will keep us going until we get to our destination.

I guess that is the whole point of this new life. Not giving in. Not giving up. That is what got me in this position to start with. I was like, it's going to be too hard to make healthy choices so oh well, I guess I will make our trip an all I can cram in smorgasbord and call it a day.

Not anymore. And if I make less than healthful decisions I know that regardless on Monday morning I will be back to my routine.

No comments: