Friday, February 1, 2008

Goals. And stuff.

I am a very goal oriented person. Or, rather, I was. Then I achieved all of them and started to feel like something is missing. I took a good look at my life and decided that things are definitely in need of some rearranging. I have turned to my dreams in search of new goals. I hear people say all the time to dream big, so that is what I have done.

In my teens and early twenties I wanted to lose weight as an attempt to fit into smaller pants and catch a man. I was overweight, but still able to shop at nearly any store I wanted. Fast forward several years and I am staring down thirty after two kids and a husband. Somewhere along the line I became fat. I shop at fat lady stores. I can't to the things I want to do. I have no energy. I am out of control. I want my life back.

My goal is to lose weight as a side effect of lifestyle changes. I am not interested in dieting, I am interested in changing my life. The ultimate goal I have is to be able to participate in yoga. Why yoga? Healthy people do yoga. People who have energy do yoga. Those who do yoga are often early risers, eat nutritious foods, drink herbal tea and from where I stand (or sit actually, my sciatica kills me when I stand) look like they are getting a lot out of life. All of these things are appealing to me.

My short term goals are a lot less lofty. They include things like:
  • Wake up by 7:30 a.m.
  • Shower and apply makeup each day
  • Exercise for 20 minutes 5 days per week.
  • Eliminate refined sugar from diet
  • Eat 90% of meals at home
  • Not be hungry

Enough talk, let's get moving.

No comments: