Thursday, February 21, 2008

Making The Commitment

I am finding myself searching for inspiration these days. The visions I have for myself seem so very far off but I still go on, reading other people's success and trying to find The Formula, the one that is going to change my life forever. I really liked one woman's story about how she had been abusing herself with food for so many years. Abusing myself? Really? Maybe. Definitely. I abuse myself with food. What is holding me back?

The progress so far has been small, but good. I have started cooking almost every night. No more eating out for us. I have been hanging on to my daily Starbucks 1000 Calorie Spectacular like a drowning man to a life raft, but I think the switch to Green Tea is coming soon. No sugar thankyouverymuch. I also think that I am losing my taste for Coke, and that is truly divine intervention because seriously? That stuff is like crack and I have been addicted for so many years. I find myself drinking it out of habit, not craving and that feels really good. And Nightime Snacks of Fat Thighs? I kicked that bitch out last month.

We're getting there baby, let's make it happen.

No comments: