Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 21: Real Life

Today was a hard day. I was stuck in the house all day with grumpy kids and I was SLEEPY and the baby was sick and wouldn't nap and you know what? I still ate healthy. I wanted to eat for comfort. But I didn't. I also didn't exercise, but I think that 5 or 6 days a week at this point is a healthy start.

I am trying out my own plan of having a 90% rule. If I eat good 90% of the time then the other 10% I can have some wiggle room. What this translates to is that out of 21 meals in a week, if I eat well for 19 of them, I can be free to enjoy a bit at a couple of meals when we are out with friends or at a party. Seems reasonable to me.

I will get to test this theory this weekend at an Easter egg hunt luncheon.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I just wanted to leave a note for you. Thank you so much for wanting to keep an eye on me even though I decided to go private with my blog - I was very surprised to see the response that I got from this announcement - but it just means so much more to know who is reading me - and I will return the favor for sure. I do need to recommit myself to my blog and to this weight loss journey - and am so happy to have you reading. Take care!!

Hugs from SK CANADA! Christine

Linka said...

Hey Yo! I Love that 90-10% Rule! Im totally gonna try that. Its better then "If I eat right all week, I can take the weekend off" anyway! Lol...

Dottie said...

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with the Easter gathering. I'm sure you will do fine!

Me said...

Luck!