Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day 33: One Third

Here we are about one third into this first 100 days of the rest of my life and I thought I would share of the changes that have happened in my life:
  • This is the one I am most excited about! I can get out of bed in the morning without feeling like I am tearing my toenails out. Awesome.
  • My skin has cleared up.
  • I am full ALL THE TIME. I know. Makes no sense to be eating a third of the calories I am used to and be stuffed, but it is true. The types of food I am eating are so packed full of nutrients that I can barely get it all down. My goal is to eat 1500-1800 calories a day, but I think I am between 1200-1400 most days.
  • Eating out is no fun anymore. Whatever they have that is healthy usually tastes like crap so why would I want to spend money on that when I can have home cooking with none of the preservatives or Franken Food.
  • I can still indulge sometimes. Like one meal a week I don't pay attention to the calories so closely.
  • I don't feel deprived. I FEEL GREAT!

Sample day food:

Breakfast: Double fiber english muffin with 1T natural peanut butter, 1/2T raw honey and 4 dried apricots

Lunch: Homemade bean and veggie soup and an apple

Snack: Soy Crisps

Dinner: Veggie chicken stirfry with brown rice and Strawberries

All real food, all healthy and delicious! Did I mention that it is filling?

To anyone who is thinking that they are too far gone to change.......YOU CAN DO THIS! If I can, you can!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I would love to have the recipe for you veggie bean soup! I know what you mean about eating less and feeling better about it. I probably 1000 less calories than before I started "the diet" and I'm not snacking because I'm not hungry!!

YEAH US!! Getting healthier and loving it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Hey. Happy belated easter to yah! I am getting back on the wagon - weighing in on April 1st - no matter what the weight is. Looking forward to keeping an eye on you too!

Lora said...

Thanks for the tip about the TV show! I was able to catch the re-run last night - caught your message just in time!