Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 37: Thinking Thin

I watched the 2nd episode of I Can Make You Thin last night and despite it's infomercial feel, I quite enjoyed it. I don't think the tapping will be all that useful as emotional eating isn't a huge problem for me. Or maybe it is? Is it?

I am entering a phase where I am really analyzing my food intake and the hows and whys of my eating patterns. I also am following the suggestion from the show and others to Think Thin. Interesting concept. I can pretend that I am already thin. What will I eat? How will I exercise? What will I feel like? I am really having a good time with this and am leaving food on my plate and this morning had a major NSV when I ordered a tall sized nonfat latte instead of a venti. Many calories saved and I enjoyed it just as much.

Today is my husband's birthday and we are going out for fish and chips. I was totally freaking out about it for the past week because my baby is turning one (one year already?) on Monday and her big party is tomorrow. There are three cakes in my house. I love cake. I had to take a deep breath and calm myself down. I realized that HEY YOU, you don't have to pig out! Order the small fish and don't finish it! Eat until you are FULL and then STOP shoving it into your gaping cake hole.

I think I am going to be ok.

2 comments:

Me said...

Happy Birthday hubby!

Sharee said...

You are too funny! Your "gaping cake hole" made me LOL. Probably cuz I have one as well. Anyhoo, I think you're doing a great job. I've enjoyed reading what you've blogged so far.